WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Saturday, May 29, 2010

DO NOT OVERSTAY...



Have you ever come across a situation when you feel that you've overstayed? Or in a situation when you feel uneasy your guest have overstayed?
I have been in that situation before... in a working environment, of course..
I had been teaching in this school for 12 years. I've done a lot of good things to the school. I created a different approach, a different mindset, among the students.... I was the "untold" hero of the school.  I didn't realize it at all.. Not until, after all these years, my ex-students started to "remind" me all the good things I've done to them and to the school, through Facebook, of course...
I received a lot of "friends" in my Facebook, who happens to be my ex-students of that particular school... And, each and everyone of them will mention how thankful they are for what I had done to them... After all these years... They did not have the opportunity to thank me before. But through Facebook, they brought up what they had been keeping all this while... In fact, I met a group of my students who happened to have a reunion in Kuala Perlis, last night. When they saw me, 5 of them (now mothers and fathers) came straight to me and kissed my hand in public, a symbol to say thank you for what I've done to them...
Looking back through the years, I was actually transferred out of that school in December 1991 by force. In those days, headmasters have the power to "kick" us out if he/she didn't like us... So, it happened to me.. I remembered how my students went to see the headmaster on an issue about our training programme.. The headmaster didn't like it, so he transferred me out.... He didn't like sports..   I guess, I've overstayed....
One good example we should follow is Jose Mourinho, the Inter Milan and former Chelsea manager. I would like to quote what he said before his transfer to Real Madrid recently. He said "I have to leave Inter when things are good. Last time I left Chelsea when things are good. Now I have two homes, one in London, and one in Italy..."
Another classic example is our beloved 4th Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. Athough after 22 years of leading Malaysia to where we are today, he finally stepped down. He once said  "My mother used to tell me, stop eating when you begin to like the dish..."
To all my friends out there, do not overstay...
Quit, before someone else throw you out.....
Mr. Samy Vellu, I think you have overstayed....

Have a nice day...

2 comments:

Liz Flores said...

Oh DESS you're so sweet.
Excuse me for using this space to write and again, excuse my bad english.

Dear friend:
It's really touching to me receive expressions of solidarity by a distant brother. The situation in my country is difficult, the government declared a state of calamity for the three cities most affected, among them the capital, where I live.

Yesterday we removed the roof and terrace about 200 pounds of sand and small rocks that launched the volcano. Everything was covered with this material. The worst thing is that we have a hurricane threatens and has not stopped raining for two days. Many drains have collapsed because they are covered by volcanic sand. There have been several strong seisms. What most concerns is knowing that more than 800 families lost their homes. I am very sad. But I know my Guatemala, once again will able to get out of this.

DESS thank you very much. Really fills the heart to find signs of affection like yours. I will do extensive your greetings to my family, friends and neighbors.

Malaysia has noble people, definitely.
Kisses and hugs.

DESS said...

We, Malaysians, are with you...
All the best of luck...
Be strong....

Post a Comment