Medals: 2 Bronzes
Malaysia had a bad first day at the games yesterday.
1. Badminton - Men's Team Q-Finals: Lost to Thailand (yes! Thailand) 3-2. Chong Wei lost the first singles to Boonsak Ponsana in 3 sets.. It was 2 -2 after 4 matches and our last singles (Daren Liew) lost badly to unknown Avihingsanon in straight sets 16-21, 16-21.
2. Badminton - Women's Team Q-Finals: Lost to South Korea 3-0. Mew Choo lost the first singles in 3 sets to Bae Yeonju 17-21, 21-16, 14-21. The rest is history...
3. Cycling - Women's 500m time trial: Fatehah Mustapha finished 4th, missing the Bronze medal by a whisker..
4. Soccer - Malaysia were beaten by China : 3 - 0. Malaysia had only 8 players on the field after 3 players were shown the Red card by an unprofessional Australian referee... Something fishy here (if you had seen the match live yesterday evening).. Malaysia made it to the next round though, the Q-Finals.
Tai Cheau Xuen.Malaysia, however, managed to secure 2 Bronze medals on the first day of competition..
1. Nur Suryani Mohd Taibi - 10m women's Air Rifle in Shooting.
2. Tai Cheau Xuen - Women's Nanquan-Nandao event in Wushu.
So, the medal's tally for Malaysia is: 0 Gold, 0 Silver, 2 Bronze.
Have a nice day.....