WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - Year of Success.....


In a few more hours, we will leave 2010. To me, 2010 is a lucky and fruitful year. It brought joy and happiness to my family and to the country as well:
1.  My eldest son was awarded a Petronas scholarship to pursue his studies in Petroleum Engineering at the China University of Petroleum, in Beijing. He left in September with 2 other Malaysian students.
2.  My youngest son was successfully given a place to study in a cluster school - the SMK Derma - after obtaining straight A's in his UPSR exam. His elder brother and another sister are both studying in the same school as well.
3.  My 16 year-old second son won the Gold medal in the National Youth scrabble competition held in Penang. The competition was organised by the Malaysian Youth Council.
4.  My 14 year-old daughter played very well in the National Fours Lawn Bowls competition held in Kangar. Her team defeated the fancied National back-up squad, the MSN Pelapes in the quarter finals. They also defeated two other seeded teams, Wilayah Persekutuan and PDRM in the knock-out stages.

2010 is also a successful year for Malaysian sports:
1.  The Soccer team won the AFF Suzuki Cup for the first time in history, defeating in-form Indonesia 4-2 on aggregate. It will be one of the most memorable event in Malaysian sports history.
2.  The Asian Games contingent did well by bringing home 10 Gold medals in the 16th Asian Games held in China.
3.  Malaysian sportsman and sportswomen did well at the world stage. Nicol David (squash), Lee Chong Wei (badminton). Azizul Hasni Awang (cycling), Safee Sali (soccer) were very successful in 2010.

Personally, I have met my target of posting a post a day in my Blog this year. Till this post, I have posted 364 posts. The next post - Happy New Year 2011 - will be my 365th in 2010...
Thank you for visiting my Blog.
Thank your for being a Follower to my Blog.
Thank you for leaving your comments in my Blog.
Thank you, thank you, thank you......

HAVE A NICE DAY....

2 comments:

Wake UP! said...

Congratulations bro for posting everyday in your blog.

That might be my New Year's Resolution for 2011.

DESS said...

Thank you..
Good Luck to you and Happy New year 2011. Keep up your good work !!

Post a Comment