WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year !!!

Kung Hee Fatt Choy !!!
I used to wish that to my childhood friend, Neoh Heng Kee and family, way back in the 60's and early 70's.
The Neoh family was the only Chinese family living in our village, Kampung Sungai Terap, in Batu Gajah, Perak. They were one nice family and they mixed around with the kampung folks without any problem whatsoever...
Uncle Neoh had 4 children: Neoh Keat Kee, Neoh Heng Kee (my best friend and classmate from Standard 1 to Form 3 - 1964 to 1972), Neoh Bee Ling and Neoh Bee Sim. I learned the act of self defence, the "Kun Tao" from uncle Neoh when I was a kid. I ate and drink in his house often.
Uncle Neoh ran a small business in producing hand made cigars. He employed some kampung folks to help run his business. I used to help make cigars whenever I had the opportunity to do so... Apart from that, I used to play badminton with Heng Kee and Keat Kee in his house compound.
Each year, on Chinese New Year day, Untie Neoh (Heng Kee's mother) would come over to my house to send cookies and oranges to my family. She would come very early in the morning, as early as 6.30am. Later in the day, my family would pay a visit to the Neoh's family to celebrate Chinese New Year together... This culture was carried on for years until I got married and resided in Kangar, Perlis.
In the year 2000, everything changed... Our house in Kampung Sungai Terap was brought down to make way for development. My parents moved to another place. So did the Neoh family... and I lost contact with them. I heard that Neoh Heng Kee is in Kuala Lumpur doing business, but I never got to contact him...
To Neoh Heng Kee and family:
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !!!  "Kung Hee Fatt Choy"...

And to all my Chinese friends all over Malaysia, China (esp. Beijing) and the rest of the world...
"Happy Chinese New Year"

Have a nice day....

No comments:

Post a Comment