WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The ETS and The Sinaran Utara Express Train....


Ever taken the ETS ? The Electric Train Service...
I did. From Kuala Lumpur Sentral to Ipoh. I purposely took the train service after the gathering with my schoolmates in Putrajaya and the Tea Party with the Prime Minister...
The ETS is very comfortable and very efficient... I took the 8.30am ETS. The train left Kuala Lumpur Sentral at 8.30am sharp and reached Ipoh on time..., such that I could take the Sinaran Utara Express train from Ipoh to Butterworth on time.
With all the modern facilities on board, the journey was just over two hours. It used to take over 4 hours during my school days in 1974, traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh...
See these photos:
my ticket..
 the ETS coach..., from outside.
 the coach..., inside..
 I thought I saw this guy somewhere....
 my snack on the ETS.., tuna bun..
 the double track railway system....
 the speed of the train is made known on the LCD screen....
 passed through my village in Batu Gajah..
 Reached Ipoh on time...
enough time to catch the Sinaran Utara Express train to Butterworth.
 arrival of the Sinaran Utara Express..., 10 minutes late.
my ticket to Butterworth..
 Stopped several times to give way to south bound trains..
 noodles for lunch on the train...
antique railway station on the way...
Met Dean of London on the train. He is a Chelsea fan..
 the double track system in progress along the way..
 reached my final destination at 3.45pm..., a delay of 1 hour.
the Butterworth railway station...
Memories - my SMSS classmates in 1974, at the KL railway station...

I took the CityLiner express bus from Butterworth to Kangar. It took 2 and a half hours, a distance of about 120 km... Reached safely in Kangar at 7.00pm. 
So much so for a day's experience traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Kangar....

Have a nice day....

No comments:

Post a Comment