WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

16 Schools in Perlis Closed due to FLOODS.

12.00pm, Wednesday 30th March, 2011.

LATEST updates:
1.    16 schools in Perlis closed due to floods. They are: SMK Derma, SMK Syed Hassan, SMK Agama Kangar, SMK Putra, SMK Perlis, SM Vokasional Kangar, SM Vokasional Arau, SMK Datuk Sheikh Ahmad, SK Seri Indera, SK Padang Melangit, SK Bukit Ketri, SK Bintong, SK Abi, SK Tengku Budriah, SK Padang Kota, SR Islam II.

2.   416 people have been evacuated and 13 Relief Centers opened. Areas badly hit are Bintong, Sena and Santan.

3.   The water level at Sungai Korok is over the danger level, and it's still rising...

4.   Roads in Perlis are mostly under water...

5.   The Timah Tasoh Dam is at 29.8 meters and it is at DANGER level. Water is still being released (all 6 doors)...

Will update regularly...
One comment received from my previous post:
Anonymous said...
Salam Mr. Dess. First, I say ameen to your prayers. God let there be no more fload in Perlis again. Second, I wish to thank you so much for your very informative blog. I live in Kangar, Perlis as an International student with UniMAP. I must tell you, during the floods last November, you were my best source of news/updates, and I am very sure I was not alone in this regard. The few English newspapers available were not helpful at all. Their coverage was very scanty, infrequent and so abstract. But yours was so down to earth and very frequent. Moreover, you were there on ground with your valuable camera to give the real picture of the happenings – they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Please keep up the good works and know that there are many helpless ones like myself depending on you and very appreciative of your efforts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Dess.
Thanks again to furnish us the first hand informations regarding Perlis flood. Certainly, your info will let me understand the situation in the north. My kid will normally not to worry us on the flood matter and we need to do a lot of guessing work at Johore.Thanks

Post a Comment