WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gunung Jerai - Revisited after 27 years..


The last time I visited Gunung Jerai, Kedah, was in 1983....
This morning, 36 students of the Environmental Club of SMK Derma, made a field trip to Gunung Jerai, together with 4 teachers. I followed them on my bike from Kangar, Perlis - a distance of 80 km to the foot of the hill.
It turned out to be very memorable visit...
I met my 1974 classmate of SM Sains Selangor, Mr. Tajuddin Yusoff ... What a nice coincidence..
We chat and had lunch together on top of Gunung Jerai.. And then, the PR of the Regency Jerai Resort, Miss Jess Tay, came and joined us... She gave a lengthy talk on the history of Gunung Jerai...
Gunung Jerai is a nice place to visit, actually... But, I didn't see any foreign tourist up there. Something must be done to attract more tourists to visit this place. The place is accessible by all vehicles, except buses.. The resort have beautiful bungalows turned into hotel rooms. The scenery is great, facing the sea. Sunset can be seen nicely on clear skies. The temperature up there is cool... I don't know why tourists shy away from this place.... Maybe the local boys with bikes make this place their own place...
Some nice photos I took up there:
12 Km to the top...
 with my bikes all the way from Kangar..
 met my buddy, Tajuddin..
 Jess giving us the history of Gunung Jerai..
the Dermarians visiting the gift shop..
 The paddy fields and the Bunting Island....
 my lunch at the Resort..

Thank you Miss Jess Tay for a nice reception today...
Have a nice day...

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hai Mr. Dess,

It's has been nice of you.Thank you for your compliments. I just want to share the goods things about our own place. Thank you for not talk anything bad about me (especially that BM I can hardly speak)Hahaha...unbelevable, you actually have a very very nice blog spot!! I will keep visiting it very often. Maybe can you teach me how to do blog please, Teacher? Cool.. hope to see more photos (with me)!! :P maybe the next trip you can visit all the historical places (I - PERSONALLY will bring you along). I look ugly in photos, anyway, thank you!

DESS said...

Hi, Jess.
When I put this post in my blog, my friends in Kangar envied it because I didn't tell them I was going to Jerai. More pictures were put in my facebook. We plan to come again and maybe put a night there one of these weekends.. But, please let me and my friends' motorbikes in !!! ha, ha..
Hope to see you then... Chao...

Post a Comment