WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kuala Perlis-Langkawi Ferry Service..., a Terrible Experience...


I've always hated to take the ferry from Kuala Perlis to Langkawi. I will only do so if I have to.. And today, I had to go to Langkawi to settle some matters concerning my job. I had the worst nightmare..
I came early, 6.30am, to be exact, to buy a single ticket from Kuala Perlis to Langkawi. It was still dark. I wanted to take the first ferry. Alas...., there was already a queue comprising of about 100-150 people, lining up to buy the tickets. The first ferry was scheduled to move at 7.30am. I missed it because I only made it to the counter (after one and a half hour queuing) to buy my ticket at 8.00am. There was only ONE counter opened.
I had to take the 8.15am ferry then. Fine...
But it did not happened that way. The ferry only moved at 9.00am. Why? There were 400+ passengers alighting the ferry and it took 45 minutes for all 400+ passengers to go on board. The journey took 1 hour. Then, there was another 45 minutes for me to disembark the ferry... I stepped my foot on Langkawi Island at 10.30am. All in all, it took me 4 hours to reached Langkawi from Kuala Perlis by ferry today!!! What a shame.........

I settled my work by noon. Then I had to queue to buy my ferry ticket back to Kuala Perlis. It's about the same story. I only got to buy the tickets for the 4.00pm ferry...
What's wrong with the ferry services??? Sad and ashamed of my country....
This was 6.30am.
 8.00am, after purchasing my ticket
boarding the 8.15am ferry
 into the open sea at last, after 45 minutes waiting for the ferry to move.
 the Kuah, Langkawi jetty.
 disembarking the ferry took another 45 minutes
 the Langkawi trademark at the jetty
the Langkawi airport where LIMA is being held
 my lunch, served  at a village house in Kuah..

Have a nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment