WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kangar's Night Market - 8th February 2012.

They sell them at RM1 per item.
fresh from the sea - RM3 per kilo at Kangar's Night Market.
Going to Night Markets (Pasar Malam in Malay) - is one of my favourite hobby. Today, it is in Kangar, my hometown.
The eye catching item of the day is the water apple, Jambu Air as it is called in Malay.. I just could not resist buying them as it has a nostalgic meaning to my life. During my younger days, my late father used to sell them by the roadside, to make ends need. That was in the 1970's... , probably from 1973 to 1979, as I could remember.
 RM1 per pack at Kangar's Night Market.
the fresh water apples @ Jambu Air.
My late father was jobless then, after finishing his services in the army. So, he sold what was available - from chicken eggs to water apples... Those were the hard days...

Well... something to cherish, I guess...
Have a nice day..

No comments:

Post a Comment