WELCOME to DESS DAHASRY of MALAYSIA..

Thursday, January 3, 2013

TEACHING - CHAPTER 1 - SMK DATO' HAMZAH.

SMK DATO' HAMZAH
PORT KLANG
This is the 1st school where I began my teaching career - Sekolah Menengah Dato' Hamzah, Port Klang, Selangor (Dato' Hamzah Secondary School, Port Klang).
I only taught there for 6 weeks - my first teaching experience, as an undergraduate. It was in April and May, 1979.
I taught Biology (my major subject while in university) for Form 4 and General Science for Form 5.

In 1979, the school was a boys' school. There were over a thousand students and it was a two session school. I taught in the morning session.
As far as I remember, there were about 60 teachers teaching in the school, mostly men. It was fun being a teacher those days because we were fully respected by the community. Parents trusted teachers 100% educating their children, and there were no complains whatsoever by parents on how we, teachers, educate their children.

Here are some photos I've kept for 34 years:
Form 4 Science 1 - 1979 (Teacher's Day)
 Form 5 Arts 3 - 1979
 with fellow undergraduate teachers - 1979
 with the school staff (lab assistants) - 1979
with fellow teachers in the Staff Room - 1979.

Teaching in those days was enjoyable... You can see from the photos above.
Chapter 2 coming up next..
Have a nice day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is still a boys school except for form 6.

DESS said...

oh.. TQ for the info...

Post a Comment